Virtú Acquisitions has historically remained focused on value added multifamily real estate investments. We believe that the apartment market, as an investment vehicle, offers investors greater returns with less risk than other investments. The apartment market is less reliant on business cycles for occupancy and will continue to benefit from demographic trends and population growth. With a projected increase in the U.S. population of 60 million over the next 25 years the future looks bright for apartment owners.
We believe that multifamily ownership is more management intensive than most real estate asset types. This ensures a clear dichotomy between performing and non performing assets, ensuring that there will always be “value added” opportunities. Our innovative management expertise allows Virtú to take advantage of these under-managed assets and rely less on market conditions to produce strong returns. The typically short lease term in the apartment industry, allows us to more quickly realize gains via a property turnaround or market recovery.
Virtú Investments seeks apartment investments with the following characteristics:
- Class A & B multifamily properties with value-add potential
- Multifamily properties that are well-located in and around the major Western US metropolitan areas
- Multifamily properties in dynamic secondary markets with favorable supply and demand characteristics
- Properties with durable and relevant physical plants
- Transportation-oriented properties or properties located within a “path of progress”
- Broken condominium projects that can be operated as apartments
Read Acquisition Criteria